"Rancho Feeding Corp., based in Petaluma, Calif., is recalling about 41,683 pounds of various meat products because they were produced without the benefit of full federal inspection, USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said.
The following Rancho Feeding Corp. products are subject to recall:
- “Beef Carcasses”
- 50-lb. boxes of “Beef Feet”
- 20-lb. boxes of “Beef Oxtail”
- 50-lb. boxes of “Beef Hearts”
- 60 and 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Liver”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Cheeks”
- 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Tripe”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Tongue”
Beef carcasses and boxes bear the establishment number "EST. 527" inside the USDA mark of inspection. Each box bears the case code number “ON9O4.” The products were produced Jan. 8, 2014, and shipped to distribution centers and retail establishments in California.
The problem was discovered as a result of an ongoing investigation. FSIS believes the company produced product without full ante-mortem inspection as per federal regulations.
FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products."