3800 Cornucopia Way
Modesto, CA 95358
San Joaquin County
Dr. Abdelmoneim Mohamed (Moneim) is the Irrigation and Soils Advisor with the University of California Cooperative Extension. He has a Ph.D. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering from Washington State University. His primary focus is on irrigation and soils in orchard and vineyard cropping systems. This includes irrigation scheduling and sustainable agricultural water management, deficit irrigation, variable rate irrigation, irrigation and soils technologies, groundwater sustainability, and soil health.
- Graduate Student Award in the Soil and Water Management and Conservation
Presented by Soil Science Society of America, https://www.soils.org/membership/divisions/soil-and-water-management-and-conservation/student-awards, 2018
- Irrigation E3 program winner
- Walter and Vinnie Hinz scholarship. Biological Systems Engineering Outstanding Graduate Student Award
Presented by Washington State University, 2018
SpecialtyIrrigation systems, Groundwater sustainability, Precision irrigation in orchard and vineyard cropping systems
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit and Nut Crop - General
- Grapes - General
- Peaches - General
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Management of Saline and Sodic Soils and Salinity
- Natural Resources, General
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Climate Change
- Natural Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- McMoran, D. W.; Mohamed, A. Z. (2022). Overview of irrigated agriculture in Benton County. Washington State University Extension.
- Shafeeque, M.; Sarwar, A. (2022). Quantifying the Impact of the Billion Tree Afforestation Project (BTAP) on the Water Yield and Sediment Load in the Tarbela Reservoir of Pakistan Using the SWAT Model. Land. 11:10, 1650.
- Sarwar, A.; Peters, R.T. (2021). Accurate measurement of wind drift and evaporation losses could improve water application efficiency of sprinkler irrigation systems? A comparison of measuring techniques. Agricultural Water Management. 258, 107209.
- Peters, T.; Mohamed, A. Z. (2021). Center Pivot Control Panels Should Vary Cycle Time Instead of Run Time to Set a Percent Setting. 6th Decennial National Irrigation Symposium, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. San Diego, California. 1.
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Peters, R. T. (2021). Impact of the intermittency movement of center pivots on irrigation uniformity. Water. 13:9, 1167.
- Molaei, B.; Peters, R. T. (2021). Large scale evaluation of a LEPA/LESA system compared with MESA on spearmint and peppermint. Industrial Crops and Products. 159, 113048.
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Osroosh, Y. (2021). Monitoring water status in apple trees using a sensitive morning crop water stress index. Irrigation and Drainage. 70:1, 27-41.
- McMoran, D. W.; Mohamed, A. Z. (2021). Overview of irrigated agriculture in Lewis County. Washington State University Extension.
- Sarwar, A.; Peters, R. T. (2020). Linear mixed modeling and artificial neural network techniques for predicting wind drift and evaporation losses under moving sprinkler irrigation systems. Irrigation Science. 38:2, 177-188.
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Troy, R. (2020). Management of traveler gun irrigation systems in the Pacific Northwest. Washington State University Extension. https://hdl.handle.net/2376/17933
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Peters, R. T. (2019). Adjusting irrigation uniformity coefficients for unimportant variability on a small scale. Agricultural Water Management. 213, 1078-1083.
- Sarwar, A.; Peters, R. T. (2019). Evaluating water application efficiency of low and mid elevation spray application under changing weather conditions. Agricultural Water Management. Elsevier. 221, 84-91.
- Mohamed, A. Z. (2023). Irrigation Non-uniformity is Unimportant Under Certain Situations in Orchards. The Scoop on fruits and nuts in Stanislaus County. 28:1, 4-5. https://cestanislaus.ucanr.edu/news_102/The_Scoop_on_Fruits_and_Nuts/?newsletteritem=98215
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Begna, S. (2022). Crop Water Productivity of Alfalfa Under Different Cutting Schedules. World Alfalfa Congress. https://worldalfalfacongress.ucdavis.edu/
- Sarwar, A.; Peters, T. R. (2019). Evaluation of twelve wind drift and evaporation loss (WDEL) empirical models through field experimentation under the climatic conditions of Prosser, Washington. ASABE Annual International Meeting. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Osroosh, Y. (2019). Morning crop water stress index as a sensitive indicator of water status in apple trees. ASABE Annual International Meeting. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Mohamed, A. Z.; Peters, T. R. (2018). The Accuracy of Distribution Uniformity Test under Different Moving Irrigation Systems. ASABE Annual International Meeting. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Detroit, Michigan. https://elibrary.asabe.org/abstract.asp?aid=49360
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Precision Agriculture - Member